The number, the myth, the legend; celebrating 100 years!
Happy 100th Birthday No. 5!
Three cheers for No. 5; Chanel’s legendary fragrance is celebrating 100 years of existence! In honor of its release in 1921, Chanel has released a collection of products all marked with the iconic number 5. My birthday falls on the 5th day of January, so the number 5 actually has a very special place in my heart as well. Naturally, I had to indulge in the celebration and pick up something from this collection. To start, I decided to try a lipstick.
Limited Edition Rouge Allure in 157 Légendaire
Rouge Allure is a wonderful lipstick from Chanel. It feels incredible on the lips, as I’ve come to find true with most Chanel lipsticks. While it comes in its regular click style case, this limited edition case is embossed with the number 5 to honor the 100th birthday of the iconic fragrance.
The limited edition Rouge Allure features 5 colors. I chose number 157 Légendaire. While it’s a deep, blue-toned, berry red, it reads more pink in photos. Whether in person or in photos it is a gorgeous color however. Judge for yourself in the following makeup of the day (MOTD) photos.
1. Foundation: Chanel Ultra Le Teint in BD141
2. Under Eye Brightener: DiorSkin Forever Extreme Control Compact Foundation in 060
3. Brows: Chanel La Palette Sourcils in 03 Dark
4. Eyeshadow: Dior 5 Couluers Couture in 879 Rouge Trafalgar
5. Eyeliner: Chanel Le Crayon Khôl in 61 Noir
6. Mascara: Chanel La Base + Smashbox Super Fan Mascara in Black
7. Blush: Dior Rouge Blush in 999
8. Highlight: Chanel Perles De Lumiére
9. Lips: Chanel Rouge Allure in 157 Légendaire
Rouge Allure wasn’t the only thing I picked up in my most recent Chanel Beauty haul. I purchased three other lipsticks that I’ve been meaning to try for quite some time, so stay tuned for my future posts.
I hope you enjoyed this MOTD. Are you purchasing anything from Chanel’s celebratory No. 5 collection? Let me know in the comment section.
All My Love,
The Luxe Angel