Practice makes perfect! #MOTD
Hello, Lovely Luxies! Today’s makeup was a salvation job. During experimentation I made some bloopers and tried to correct them. I used more products than usual because of this. But hey, I had a lot of fun doing it. Let’s begin, shall we?
As you can see, I was experimenting with new eyeshadow techniques. I have hooded eyes, so there are a lot of “dos and don’ts” to adhere to, when it comes to shadow. This time, I was attempting to create more “real estate” by bringing the shadow beyond my natural eyelids. But clearly, it’s a bit difficult to get an even result when working on imaginary eyelids. In short, my eyes don’t match. Womp womp. I also could have done a much better job filling in my brows. Since I’m not leaving the house, frankly, who cares?
I also made errors with my finishing powder application; I corrected them with a kabuki brush and my Dior compact. Surprisingly, I still enjoyed the end result. Shout out to archangel Iophiel for that one, because I so called out for help. Fancy having the archangel of beauty on your side.
I’m not a fan of “creating more real estate” in the manner above. In those photos, Im only wearing a small amount of Chanel liner and mascara. I think if it’s to work properly, winged liner and falsies need to be applied, in order to balance the effect.
I took this opportunity to try out a pair of magnetic lashes. They were gifted from my mom and purchased from Amazon. Thanks mom!
This look is more glam; the previous look is more natural. I like them both. I will use a different eyeshadow technique for the natural look next time. Which look do you prefer? Are you more of a natural or glam person? Lashes make the look more fun, in my opinion. Now, if only I could learn how to apply them properly.
The following affiliate links mean I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
1. Primer: Chanel CC Cream in 70 Beige
2. Concealer: Dior Forever Skin Correct in 4.5N
3. Brows: Chanel La Palette Sourcils in 03 Dark
4. Eyeshadow: Chanel Les 4 Ombres in 268 Candeur Et Expérience
5. Eyeliner: Chanel Le Crayon Khôl in 61 Noir
6. Brows: Chanel Stylo Sourcils Waterproof in 810 Brun Profond
7. Mascara: Chanel Le Volume Révolution De Chanel in 10
8. Setting Powder: Chanel Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in N20
9. Finishing Powder: Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in 152
10. Foundation: Chanel Ultra Le Teint in BD141
11. Blush: Dior Rouge Blush in 999
12. Blush and Highlight: Chanel Palette Essentielle in 160 Beige Médium
13. Lips: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Lip Balm in Deep.
14. Highlight: DiorSkin Forever Extreme Control Compact Foundation in 060 Light Mocha
15. Setting Spray: Smashbox Photo Finish Setting Spray
16: Magnetic Lashes and Liner: Mom via Amazon
Again, I don’t normally use this many products, I had to make some corrections. I also had fun layering the Dior Rouge Blush with the blush from Chanel’s Palette Essentielle. It gave extra dimension and was really nice. I will definitely be trying that again.
Earrings: Louis Vuitton
Necklace: Louis Vuitton
Still To Come
I’m going to continue to experiment with different makeup application techniques. Heaven knows I have a great time doing it. Whatever bloopers or wins take place, I’ll be sure to share them all right here. So, stay tuned!
I hope you enjoyed this #MOTD! Got any questions about the palettes featured here? Send me a DM!
I’ll be sure to address any questions in an upcoming Q & A. Thanks for reading, watching and SUBSCRIBING!
All My Love,
The Luxe Angel