Seriously, it couldn’t be any harder to pick up, on camera, the beauty that is Dior’s Rouge Trafalgar eyeshadow palette! My camera could never. I took over a hundred photos of this look (don’t worry; they aren’t all in this post. lol) and none of them even do it justice. It looks so much prettier in real life. This lookbook features my makeup of the day, #MOTD, and the frustration of how no camera I own can pick up the beautiful colors.
I’m also wearing Dior’s Rouge Blush in 999, along with the Rouge Trafalgar shadow palette, and neither of them can be captured in all of their glory! I literally had a devil of a time photographing myself in different lighting and at several angles to no avail. Hence, the name El Diablo. Do any photographers or beauty bloggers out there have tips??? Do I need to add a ton more blush than I would in real life, in order for the camera to pick up the color? Help a sista out, please and thank you!!!
El Diablo is also appropriate as 999 is an intense red and Rouge Trafalgar’s central color is red as well. Both are so lovely. Alas, it is the peachy color in the shadow palette that my camera has the hardest time capturing correctly. I used it in the inner corner and first third of my eyelid. In the pictures, it looks so faint, but it is stunning in real life. Oh well.
Enjoy this lookbook. When you see photos that appear similar, I am trying to tilt my head ever so slightly, in order to capture the colors of my shadow and blush. All the product info is provided below, along with affiliate links so you can “shop My stash.” Happy shopping!
The following affiliate links mean I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
1. Primer: Chanel CC Cream in 70 Beige
2. Concealer: Dior Forever Skin Correct in 4.5N
3. Brows: Chanel La Palette Sourcils in 03 Dark
4. Eyeshadow: Dior 5 Couleurs Couture in 879 Rouge Trafalgar
5. Eyeliner: Chanel Le Crayon Khôl in 61 Noir
6. Mascara: Chanel Inimitable in Noir
7. Foundation: Chanel Ultra Le Teint in BD141
8. Setting Powder: Chanel Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in N20
9. Finishing Powder/Contour/Bronzer: Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in 152
10. Lips: Chanel Le Rouge Duo Ultra Tenue in 182 Light Brown
11. Blush: Dior Rouge Blush in 999
12. Highlight: Chanel Palette Essentielle in 160 Beige Médium
Earrings: Louis Vuitton
I hope you enjoyed this #MOTD! Got any questions about the products featured here? Send me a DM!
I’ll be sure to address any questions in an upcoming Q & A. Thanks for reading, watching and SUBSCRIBING!
All My Love,
The Luxe Angel